Thanks to Jac’s delicious recipe and description for fried spring rolls, this is a must make for a perfect hors d’oeuvre or Amuse-gueule!
300g mince pork (preferably with some fat)
2 cloves of garlic (diced and set a side some for frying mixture)
6 pieces of dried wood-ear fungus (also known as Cloud ear fungus) which have to be soaked until it expands then slice into thin strips
5 water-chestnuts (diced)
1 bundle of vermicelli which had to be soaked until soft
1.5 tbsp light soya sauce (MSG, optional)
1 tsp of sugar
A dash of pepper
a packet of Vietnamese rice paper
1. Combine s/no 1 to 7 and mix well. The let the mixture sit marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Stir fry the diced garlic with the mixture until the meat is cooked.
3. Take one sheet of rice paper and soak it into the hot water until soft.
4. Transfer the soft rice paper to a dry plate then spoon the cooked mixture onto the rice paper and fold (I recommend putting the mixture towards the center then fold in the two sides before rolling from bottom up – see diagram).
5. Deep fry the spring roll until golden brown then serve.
An accidental cook who loves to feed her family well.