Have you often wondered how those japanese salad dressings are made? I fell in love with this dressing when I made it the other day. It gave salads a whole new taste, if you are familiar with the usual vinegar, oil, salt pepper dressing thingy. I’ve noticed that salads are trending in not only europe but also in asia. So let your imagination grow and be creative with your contents while you eat healthy.
Not only the roasted sesame seeds that comes into this recipe is the key to the whole thing, but everything else which is listed. See and taste for yourself
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp Vegtable Oil or Olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 5cm fresh ginger
- 1 stalk cellery
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- some black pepper
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds, roasted
- Put everything (except the sesame seeds) in a blender and blend till it becomes a smooth paste.
- In the meantime, roast the sesame seeds till fragrant lightly brown.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- In your mortar, grind the roasted sesame seeds lightly.
Pour the dressing over the salad, garnish with the sesame seeds and serve immediately.