Have you often wondered how those japanese salad dressings are made? I fell in love with this dressing when I made it the other day. The roasted sesame seeds that comes into this recipe is the key to the whole thing.
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil or Olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 5cm fresh ginger
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- some black pepper
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds, roasted
- Put everything (except the sesame seeds) in a blender and blend till it becomes a smooth paste.
- In the meantime, roast the sesame seeds till fragrant lightly brown.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- In your mortar, grind the roasted sesame seeds lightly.
Pour the dressing over the salad, garnish with the sesame seeds and serve immediately.