400g all purpose flour
1/2 cup joghurt
2 tbsp ghee / oil
1 tbsp sugar
1 packet dried yeast
Oil for hands and brushing
1 glas lukewarm water
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
1 green chilly
1 stalk cilandro leaves (coriander leaves)
Dash Cumin powder
2 tbsp fennel seeds
1. In a bowl, add lukewarm water, sugar, dry yeast. Cover and Set aside for 10 mins.
2. After 10 mins, add ghee/oil, salt, flour, and room temperature yoghurt in the bowl and begin kneading the dough into a soft mixture. Add more yogurt if it gets too dry, more flour if it is too wet. The dough should be sticky yet fest
3. Cover the bowl with a plate or kitchen towel and set aside for 1-11/2 hours at a warm, windless place.
4. In the meantime, start preparing the filling.
5. Once the dough has doubled the size, oil your hands generously and form a pice of the dough into a ball. Spread some flour over this ball and flatten the dough with a roller evenly.
6. Add the filling, then pinch all sides in the middle together, with a twist, then flatten.
7. Roll the dough out again gently. it’s ok if some onions or greens show out of the dough. Put the patty now on the baking tray and brush some oil over it before putting it in the oven
8. Bake for 11-15 mins till lightly brown at 250c degrees . Brush some oil on the bread before serving.
Goes well with a curry gravy or dish, or to go along with Chicken Biryani. For desserts, try the Kulfi Indian ice cream too.